Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
TaKeTiNa Rhythm Journey -Samarya Center - Seattle Nov 24 & 25, 2012
I am a shy, introverted person by nature and have difficulty interacting in groups. I also have performance anxiety at times.
I feel that my experiences with Taketina have helped me "come out", in a sense. I have become more comfortable in groups and less judgmental about my "performance". Anyway, just wanted to share this and say thanks" Joely R
"I would really like to share with you are the positive changes I see in my life as a result of practicing Taketina with Michael:
1. I've learned to lighten up a bit and experience childlike fun again!
2. I am now able to laugh at my "mistakes" in Taketina and in life
3. There is nothing I have experienced to date that gets me into the Present Moment, and keeps me there, like Taketina
4. I have never felt my energetic body so intensely as when we are lying down after Taketina
5. I am able to feel, and allow, rhythm to flow through me (that is, when I can get out of the way and allow it to BE!)" Liz W
The Samarya Center
1806 E Yesler Way
DRUMHEART - Michael Kenny MMT, MT-BC
Michael Kenny MMT, MT-BC: Michael has recently completed his 3-year training in TaKeTiNa. He has been leading TKTN practice groups in the Dallas area since Sept 2010. Michael plays a variety of instruments and teaches and practices music therapy in the Dallas area. He also provides a number of arts-in-education programs for schools, and is president of the non-profit Drums Not Guns. www.drumheart.org